quarta-feira, 8 de julho de 2009

USA - The land of the (brain)free!

Lembram-se do "smart is the new sexy", pois... a minha teoria é mais "Nerd is the new cool":

Argo Tea Barista: "Your glasses are awesome!Where did you get them?"
Me: "Oh!I didn't get them here, but they were really cheap. I just wanted something to rest from the contact lenses and this ones were the less lame."
Argo Tea Barista: "Do you wear actual lenses on them?!!"

Para quem já me viu com os meus espectaculares óculos de massa vermelhos, isto assume um carácter ainda mais cómico...



Ahahahahahaha! o que eu fui descobrir... é capaz de explicar a coisa!

3 comentários:

Unknown disse...

ok...

Unknown disse...

Hi! I saw this link on my analytics... so does this mean you like wearing glasses or not? Unfortunately I don't speak Portugese... :)

ultima janela disse...

Hi Liz!

Fist of all, thanks for passing by. I do not like that much to wear glasses,although I have to. But this post was not about that, was about the nerd-o-mania that had invaded us in the last year or so, personificated by the soap "The Big Bang Theory" or by the people that use glasses without real lenses on it.

Imagine... some couple of years ago that conversation could never have happened!

I do have a nerdy side, but I do not get what the fuss is about.